Longcode SMS Service (SIM Hosting) is a reception mechanism used to receive SMS messages using a 10 digit long code number. Long code SMS service is available in two modes.
Dedicated Long Code SMS Service:
Dedicated long code is the mechanism to receive all incoming SMS received on a dedicated longcode number.
We can also offer dedicated longcode with fancy numbers.
Shared Long Code SMS Service:
Shared long code is the cheapest mechanism to receive SMS and it works on the basis of keyword (keyword is a unique word which is assigned to the long code number). The long code number is shared with multiple customers.
Auto-replay can be configured for both shared and dedicated longcode service using our / any SMS API. In addition to automatic reply, by enabling URL forwarding you can pass the mobile number and message content to any URL. In shared the max SMS allowed per min is below 5 based on queue and in dedicated its above 25.
Features of Long code SMS Service
- Only normal SMS charges applicable.
- Globally accessible. (Should add +91 before long code number)
- Create unlimited keywords in dedicated and one in shared long code service.
- Web based application to view your received SMS.
- Real time report with option to download it in excel format.
- Customized instant auto-reply messages using our / any SMS API.
- Easy to integrate with any web application.
SIM Hosting Data center
- Q24plus 64 Ports high speed GSM Modem.
- Wireless Modules based on Wavecom and Siemens.
- Quad Band EGPRS 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz.
- AC Power Supply with Solar powered backup power unit.
- Connectivity: 4 Mbps Airtel Broadband + Tata WiMax + Airtel / IDEA 3G with auto switching.
- Intelligent Queue Management.
- Auto Start in case of failures.
Signal Strength at our Data Center
- Airtel - 99%
- Tata Docomo - 94%
- BSNL - 94%
- IDEA - 95%
- Vodafone - 93%
- Aircel - 90%
- Uninor - 85%
Uses of Long code SMS Service
- Used for mobile verification, sms subscription activations, mobile ticketing, mobile opt in database management, etc.
- Competitions & SMS voting initiated by TV and Radio shows.
- Product feedbacks, campaigns, promotions, etc.
- Exam results.
- Luck draw, SMS based quiz programs.
- SMS to Email applications.
- SMS chat applications.
- Single SIM recharge applications (SMS based mobile recharge.)
- SMS based search engine, etc.